[Michlib-l] Petition Policy

Sheila Bissonnette SBissonnette at cityofclare.org
Mon Jan 27 14:09:47 EST 2014

Good afternoon,

I'm looking for examples of petition policies for public libraries.  I'm finding a lot of examples from libraries out of state that basically say they do not allow petitions.  I'm curious if there are libraries around that allow petitions to be left in the library?  If so, what types of petitions are allowed?

Thanks so much.

Sheila

Sheila M. Bissonnette, MLIS
Library Director
Pere Marquette District Library & Harrison District Library

Pere Marquette District Library                                                          Harrison District Library
185 E. 4th Street                                                                                          105 E. Main Street
Clare, MI 48617                                                                                          P.O. Box 380
www.pmdl.org<http://www.pmdl.org/>                                                                                          Harrison, MI 48625
                                                                                                                         www.harrisondistrictlibrary.org<www.harrisondistrictlibrary.org%20>
Phone:  (989) 386-7576 ext 4                                                                Phone: (989) 539-6711
Fax:        (989) 386-3576                                                                           Fax:        (989) 539-6301
Cell:       (989) 878-0450
[PMDLLogoSign]                                                                           [Description: hdlsign]

This organization is an equal opportunity employer
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request a form.  You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form.  Send you completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, or by fax (202) 690-7442 or email at program.intake at usda.gov<mailto:program.intake at usda.gov>