[Michlib-l] Supervised visits policies

Nancy Studebaker director at nileslibrary.net
Mon Dec 22 11:32:54 EST 2014

Policies for this specific group of patrons seems like a bad idea.  Anytime
you are writing policy you have to be very careful about targeting specific
people.  The only differentiations I can think of that we have (and are
commonly made) is children vs adults and non-profit vs for-profit
entities.  I can't see how are they really different from everyone else
other or our expectations of them would be any different.

NS

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM, Perri Saunders <perri at monroe.lib.mi.us>
wrote:

>  Supervised visits are becoming more and more frequent at our library,
> and with them come people that don't normally use the library, and don't
> know what behavior is expected.
>
>  Do any of you have specific policies for supervised visits, or have
> hand-outs to give parents and social workers?  We have discovered
> finger-painting and clay work, along with lots of snacks happening in our
> kids room - plus general mayhem and messes.
>
>  We have patron behavior policies, but it would be nice to have something
> specific to this situation.
>
>  Thanks for any help you can give!
>
>  Happy Holidays!
>
>   *Perri Saunders,* *Director*