[Michlib-l] Damaged items question

Tracie Alger talger at bigrapids.lib.mi.us
Mon Sep 23 09:58:44 EDT 2013

Does anyone have a policy that addresses how long a damaged item is held by the library? For example, a patron returns a water-damaged item to the book drop and would like to see proof that the item is damaged. We currently hold these items in a couple of file cabinet drawers. This becomes an issue for space and health reasons. Would be interested in formal and informal guidelines as I am going about making formal policies for our board to review.

Thank you for your help!

Sincerely,

Tracie Alger
Assistant Director