[Michlib-l] Series books question

Charli Osborne charli.osborne at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 14:08:45 EDT 2013

This is what we do in Oxford for the Teen Area. We pull out any series of
books that has four or more books; if there are only three books, they stay
in the regular fiction. Spine labels are author's last name and series
name, and we place the number of the book on a round green sticker about
the spine label. This works because if an author has more than one series -
Melody Carlson, I'm looking at you! - then the individual series stay
together, in order. If a series has more than one author - Infinity Ring,
for example, we just label those with the series name as author so they're
all shelved together. Graphic novels are done the same way, except their
number labels are orange. Hope this helps! Feel free to contact me if you
have any more questions.

Charli

Charli Osborne
Head of Teen Services
Oxford Public Library, Oxford, MI
248 628-3034

"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world!
This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself." *Doctor Who*