[Michlib-l] Documentary responses

Ann Perrigo aperrigo at alleganlibrary.org
Tue Dec 17 13:51:55 EST 2013

Wow!  Thanks to all of you for your suggestions!  My orders are hit and
miss--mostly misses, because patrons don't borrow them very much.  I'm glad
to have some ideas!

Ann @ Allegan

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Dave Ewick
<dewick at southfieldlibrary.org>wrote:

>  Hello!  Here is a summary of the responses I received on my question
> about documentaries.  Too bad more ppl didn't participate...  Happy
> Holidays!  - Dave
>

> *Documentary Q&A from Michlib*
>

> *Original Question:* *Libraries are a great place for patrons to find
> fantastic documentaries.  I wanted to recommend a few documentary DVD
> titles, and ask others for their recommendations.  If I can find links,
> I'll add them after the title.  Everyone rushes in to us for the latest
> theatrical titles, but there are some wonderful gems in the documentaries
> that get over-looked and it is only through libraries that many of them
> will be found.*
>
> *Landfill harmonic - **http://www.landfillharmonicmovie.com/*<http://www.landfillharmonicmovie.com/>
>

> *It's a Girl - **http://www.itsagirlmovie.com/*<http://www.itsagirlmovie.com/>
>

> *Tough Guise - *
> *http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=211*<http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=211>
>

> *Flirting with Danger - *
> *http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=250*<http://www.mediaed.org/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=250>
>

> *The Art of Possibility - *
> *http://www.enterprisemedia.com/product/00648/art-possibility-series/*<http://www.enterprisemedia.com/product/00648/art-possibility-series/>
>

> ------------------------------

> We have a wonderful documentary collection here at KPL. I could go on and
> on but here’s a short list of well-known/critically acclaimed films:
>
> Fog of War                              The Imposter
> Stories We Tell
>
> Man on Wire                           Eyes on the Prize
> Gates of Heaven
>
> Thin Blue Line                         Tarnation
> The Devil and Daniel Johnston
>
> Koko                                        Salesman
> Grey Gardens
>
> Food Inc.                                  Central Park Five
> Jazz
>
> Baseball                                  Shoah
> Don’t Look Back
>
> Taxi to the Darkside                How to Survive a Plague               Gimme
> Shelter
>
> The City                                   Endless Summer
> Fab 5
>
> Harlan County, USA                Inside Job
> For All Man Kind
>
> Crumb                                     Restrepo
> Five Broken Cameras
>
> Battle of Chile                         Hoop Dreams
> Night and Fog
>
> Roger and Me
>

> Ryan Gage, Audiovisual Selection at Kalamazoo Public Library  269-553-7844<2695537844>|
> ryang at kpl.gov |
>
> Hi Dave – What a fun idea!  My recommendations from this year:
>
> Blackfish                                  One Day on Earth
> Secrets of Highclere Castle

> [...]

Ann Perrigo, Director
Allegan District Library
331 Hubbard Street
Allegan, MI 49010                               269 673-4625

aperrigo at alleganlibrary.org

<aperrigo at alleganlibrary.org>

Good times or bad--your library is here for you!