[Michlib-l] Benchmarking Help Needed

Steven Smith ssmith at ci.dearborn.mi.us
Fri Dec 13 13:51:30 EST 2013

Looking for some statistical information from Class VI "city-run"
libraries.  City administration has asked me to provide statistics on
the percentage of Dearborn residents that have library cards.  That's
fairly easy and we gather that information each fiscal year.  However,
they want me to benchmark against other Class VI libraries.

If you find time in your busy day (and keep this kind of statistic),
could you let me know how many of your active library cardholders are
residents.  We defined "active" as a patron who has renewed their card
within the last three years.  Currently, just over 31% of our residents
have library cards.

Maryanne Bartles

Dearborn Public Library

Library Director