[Michlib-l] Proposals Sought! Online courses and webinars for ASCLA, RUSA through Sept. 1

Liz Markel lmarkel at ala.org
Fri Aug 16 12:08:18 EDT 2013

Both the Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies
(ASCLA) and the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA),
divisions of ALA, are accepting proposals until Sept. 1 for new webinars
and online courses.

You can find more information about the process, topics we're interested
in and links to the proposals forms at these two blog posts:

ASCLA:
http://ascla.ala.org/blog/2013/07/call-for-online-learning-proposals-asc
la-fall-2013-courses-webinars/

**About ASCLA: Focused on innovation, accessibility and
entrepreneurship. Our key constituencies are librarians serving people
with disabilities; librarians serving incarcerated adults and youth;
state library agencies; library consultants and independent librarians;
and resource-sharing, network and consortia librarians. Our members are
employed by all types of libraries, including public libraries.

**ASCLA's Online Learning Topics of Interest (a brief overview):
Services for library users with physical and/or learning disabilities;
innovative services; community partnerships; accessibility and ADA;
literacy; marketing and market research; prison librarianship;
accessible technology; outreach and online training.

RUSA:
http://rusa.ala.org/blog/2013/07/29/call-for-proposals-rusa-webinars-onl
ine-courses-fall-2013/

**About RUSA: Providing reference and adult services in all types of
libraries. Member areas of interest include business reference; resource
sharing and ILL; genealogy and archives; readers advisory and collection
development; frontline reference services; and reference technology.

**RUSA's Online Learning Topics of Interest (a brief overview):
reference for specialized audiences; readers advisory trends and hot
topics; library programming; copyright in the digital age; advocacy;
collection marketing; genealogy; government data; technology advisory
and information literacy.

Thanks in advance for forwarding this message to listservs, colleagues
and others who may find it of interest.

Liz F. Markel, M.A.

Marketing & Programs Manager

Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)

Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)

The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL
60611

800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. lmarkel at ala.org

Find our divisions online at    www.ala.org/rusa    &
www.ala.org/ascla