[Michlib-l] Virtual volunteers needed! ASCLA Awards Committee

Liz Markel lmarkel at ala.org
Fri Aug 16 11:52:12 EDT 2013

We are looking for "a few good members" to volunteer for ASCLA's Awards
Committee and round out our committee roster for 2013-14. Participation
is virtual-no conference attendance required!

Read more about what this volunteer position entails:
http://ascla.ala.org/blog/2013/08/volunteer-opportunity-ascla-awards-com
mittee/

New members are welcome and encouraged to participate...and "new" could
even mean that you join today. :o)

ASCLA is a small and mighty division of ALA with a focus on innovation,
accessibility and entrepreneurship. Our key constituencies are
librarians serving people with disabilities; librarians serving
incarcerated adults and youth; state library agencies; library
consultants and independent librarians; and resource-sharing, network
and consortia librarians, among many others. Our size means more
opportunities for you to get involved in meaningful volunteer
activities!

Learn more about ASCLA and membership in the division:
http://www.ala.org/ascla/asclaourassoc/joinascla/joinascla

If you're interested in participating, please send an e-mail to the
following people prior to Sept. 1: ASCLA President Sara Laughlin
(saraglaughlin at gmail.com, Award Committee Chair Will Reed
(will.reed at cpl.org) and ASCLA Marketing and Programs Manager Liz Markel
(lmarkel at ala.org) with the subject line "ASCLA Awards Committee
Volunteer."

Please forward and share this message widely. Thanks!

Liz F. Markel, M.A.

Marketing & Programs Manager

Association of Specialized and Cooperative Library Agencies (ASCLA)

Reference and User Services Association (RUSA)

The American Library Association // 50 E. Huron Street // Chicago, IL
60611

800-545-2433 // p. 312-280-4398 // f. 312-280-5273 // e. lmarkel at ala.org

Find our divisions online at    www.ala.org/rusa    &
www.ala.org/ascla