[Mcls-print-storage] GVSU and MeLCat

Cara Cadena cadenac at gvsu.edu
Mon Nov 30 15:51:19 EST 2020

Hello Mi-SPI members,

I have a MelCat update from GVSU that I wanted to share with you all as an FYI. Any questions can go to Patrick Roth at rothpa at gvsu.edu. Feel free to share. Thank you and I hope all is well. December tomorrow!

MeLCat Update:

Due to GVSU's migration to FOLIO, MeLCat services will be down for an extended period of time. GVSU users will be able to borrow items through January 31, 2021. GVSU will stop lending materials to other libraries on Dec. 18, 2020. Due dates for items borrowed through MeL will be adjusted so that they are due no later than April 1st.  We hope that MeL will be up by Fall 2021, but some API development still needs to happen to get MeLCat and FOLIO to work together. We’ll be sure to keep everyone up to date on the status of our connection to MeLCat.

Thanks,

Cara

Cara Cadena
Head of Collections & Digital Scholarship
Grand Valley State University Libraries
Pronouns: she/her/hers
616-331-7337
cadenac at gvsu.edu <mailto:cadenac at gvsu.edu>