[Mcls-print-storage] Fw: MI-SPI Retention Allocations are now visible in GreenGlass

Cara Cadena cadenac at gvsu.edu
Mon Nov 23 14:26:52 EST 2020

Mi-SPI members,

Our retention allocation has been completed and your individual instances of GreenGlass now show your allocated retentions. Attached is a spreadsheet showing the final allocation counts. The allocation hit the target percentages that were recently approved. Note that although the allocation has taken place at the title level, what you will see in GreenGlass are item counts which differ slightly.

The next step for the group is for each library to review their retentions. The steering committee decided to set a deadline for this work by January 31st, 2021. Once we review our retentions and make any necessary adjustments, our retentions will be finalized. I'm including tutorials from OCLC below, as well as copying Andy and Cynthia on this message, in case you have questions about this process.

The following tutorials go over 1) the post-allocation GreenGlass features and 2) the process for reviewing and adjusting your retentions before we finalize them.  They are best viewed in that order.

Post Allocation Features in GreenGlass (4 minutes)
https://youtu.be/PcMexDeCTJU

Adjusting Retention Commitments in GreenGlass (8 minutes)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXHSR7ccd6g&feature=youtu.be

I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Cara Cadena, on behalf of the Mi-SPI Steering Committee:  Helen Levenson, Matt Buckley, Amie Pifer, and Stephanie Davis.

Cara Cadena
Head of Collections & Digital Scholarship
Grand Valley State University Libraries
Pronouns: she/her/hers
616-331-7337
cadenac at gvsu.edu <mailto:cadenac at gvsu.edu>