[Mcls-print-storage] MI-SPI Allocated Retentions have now been loaded to GreenGlass

Breeding, Andy breedina at oclc.org
Fri Feb 5 16:17:19 EST 2016

Hi All,

I am  happy to announce that your allocated retentions are now visible in GreenGlass.    When you log back in and look at your individual library GreenGlass data you will see the following changes:

  *   On the Collection Overview page you will see a new Key Metric  that counts items Allocated for Retention.

  *   On the Collection Visualization page you will see a new overlay Allocated for Retention which lets you see the proportion of titles allocated for retention as seen in the distributions for Subject, Location, and other collection attributes.

  *   In the Analysis area, the Query Builder now provides a search option in the Group-Level Attributes section:   Allocated for Retention.   Here you can constrain a query by whether a title has been allocated for retention in your library or not.   IMPORTANT:  If you are creating a weeding list you will need to apply the restriction Not allocated for retention in my library to ensure that retained items are not weeded.

  *   In the Details about Holdings pane if a title is allocated for retention, you will see the library or libraries that are retaining that title marked with an asterisk.

  *   Exported Lists have a new column:   Allocated for Retention (yes or no)

Please have a look and let me know if you have questions.  Some of these features are brand new so we'd like your feedback.   As I indicated earlier I am now available to run Webex training sessions where I can walk through GreenGlass and answer your questions.  Two libraries have already set up appointments.   I'd be happy to do a walk-through of this with the Steering Committee if there is interest.  We are interested to see what the next steps are for MI-SPI, if you are interested in registering your retentions publicly, etc.

Best Regards,

Andy

Andy Breeding
OCLC · Sustainable Collection Services