[Mcls-print-storage] Next MI-SPI meeting

Barbara J Cockrell barbara.cockrell at wmich.edu
Wed Nov 28 18:21:00 EST 2012

In response to Randy and Pamela's e-mails I'd say the decision about meeting before March hinges on if individual libraries need to meet to continue to move forward. That's not really true for us right now although I have a missing retention title that I need to get off my conscience and make sure the other library holds on to. It would be good to have a designated contact person for each library in that regard.

At Charleston while we were thinking and talking about MI-SPI the following items were raised (that I remember- there may be others):

1) It seems likely that participant libraries will handle the 583 differently from one another (e.g. CMU only committing for 5 years, others of us for 15). Does that matter? Some of us didn't really think so.

2) Some of us are becoming aware of missing retention items as we work with retention lists. We probably need to start communicating about those centrally. Can/should the MCLS MI-SPI website provide a way to do this? Scott had a good technological idea that might have related to this (maybe something else) - hopefully he can remember what that was.

3) Do we need to talk about/do anything with respect to the MCLS MI-SPI website? In one message Randy solicited input. Where does that stand?

4) Should we establish a small subcommittee to work with Randy to set agenda's, coordinate actions based on what is happening "on the ground"? Seemed a good idea.

5) Should we create a brief bulleted document that clearly states the deselection and the retention criteria that were applied to our project? Its pretty easy to get confused about what the final criteria included (even for those of us who have been most involved) and its not clearly articulated in the current MOU or supporting documents (that I am aware of).

We could probably work on some of these without meeting or after a phone meeting.
I can wait until March or at least February before needing to meet but am willing to meet if others want to.
Barbara