[Mcls-print-storage] Oakland Univ

Barbara J Cockrell barbara.cockrell at wmich.edu
Fri Mar 16 12:52:53 EDT 2012

I don't want to seem exclusive about this but in the current MOU language that we reviewed last week we refer in various places to agreements and decisions made by the original participants. I think that assumption/understanding is part of the trust-building among our libraries that is implicit in this project. Since this is how the agreement has been structured perhaps this issue of the integration of new participants should be discussed/voted by the original participants not taken for granted. I don't think it should be assumed that new participants come to the table with quite the same degree of influence as the originators (especially as there are those in the group who have expressed the view that it is premature to be extending the group). This seems especially the case where we have yet to fully determine how new participants holdings will be integrated into the project as referred to in your last paragraph. My preference would be for us to hash out the MOU (update forthcoming shortly) and the holding comparison issue before we open up the group meetings to new participants but I am open to other opinions. Barbara Dr Barbara Cockrell, Associate Dean for Collections & Technical Services, University Libraries, Western Michigan University, 1903, W. Michigan Ave, Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5353 phone 269-387-5143 fax 269-387-5077 'University Libraries: a recognized essential partner in enriching and elevating all aspects of scholarship at WMU' ----- Original Message -----