[Mcls-print-storage] Agenda for March 9

Randy Dykhuis DykhuisR at mcls.org
Wed Mar 7 14:36:32 EST 2012

Our next meeting about the print collection project is Friday March 9, at
MCLS. Agenda is below.

Agenda
1.  Determination of a minimum length of time for the agreement, including
potential subtopics:
scheduled intervals for review of the agreement
allowance for superseding agreements
allowance for extension of the agreement
providing for the ability to leave the group before the end of the
agreement
2. Guidelines for care and preservation of retained titles:
reporting lost, missing, or badly damaged items
 processes for replacement copies
inventorying (best practice recommendation)
verify all copies circulate and are accessible through ILL
3. Addition of identification to local bibliographic records for assigned
retention titles
4. Review the goal statement.
5. Agree at the end of the meeting that this is a starting point for
discussions at our own institutions and we will continue to address
concerns as the process moves forward.
6. Dissemination of the project
7. Other?
8. Adjourn

At our last phone call, we agreed that we needed an in-person meeting so
that we could take more time to discuss some of the weighty issues
involved in writing a Memorandum of Understanding. We'll begin at 10:00
a.m., have a working lunch, and aim to adjourn no later than 2:00 pm. If
we reach some level of consensus on the MOU items before that time, we
will adjourn earlier.

The strawman MOU that Ellen, Bob, & Barbara drafted is attached to this
message. We expect that the MOU will be a work in progress for some time
to come.

If you have additional suggestions for terms we need to address, don't
hesitate to send them to me. There may not be time for additional topics
at this meeting, but we need to be sure all concerns are addressed.

Barbara Cockrell will chair the discussion.

For those who might need to dial in, here is the conference call info:
Phone: 877-216-1555
Passcode: 567855

Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
Lansing, MI & Indianapolis, IN
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879
Cell:  (517) 927-5121