[Mcls-print-storage] Retention lists

Randy Dykhuis DykhuisR at mcls.org
Fri Feb 10 08:16:45 EST 2012

Some follow-up items from Wednesday's meeting.

I talked with Rick yesterday and SCS will produce retention lists for all
participants at no extra charge. Everyone will get a pick-list of items
that may be discarded as well as a list of items for which they are one of
the two holding libraries.

Andy is working to see what impact going to 4 circulations under Scenario
3 will have on the number of titles. He doesn't expect to see a great
difference between that number and the current limit of 3. He hopes to
have that to us no later than early next week. He will also update the
allocation tables with the new numbers and include the largest number of
titles that any library can discard. Once we have that info, we need to
act quickly to decide on an allocation formula, if we are to get title
lists by the end of February. To have a chance at getting the lists out by
2/29, SCS needs the allocation formula no later than Friday 2/17.

Ellen is working on notes from our discussion.

Thank you all for a good meeting.

Randy Dykhuis
Executive Director
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
Lansing, MI & Indianapolis, IN
Phone:  (800) 530-9019 x119
Fax:    (517) 492-3879
Cell:  (517) 927-5121