[Virtual_reference] Call out: Nominations for Best Chat Transcript Awards

Walker-Papke, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Walker2 at arbor.edu
Thu Mar 1 13:12:15 EST 2018

Hi everyone,

Cynthia sent me an extremely relevant question pertaining to chat downloads.  I’ll share with you what I know, but if anyone knows a better way, please feel free to  chime in!

Managers – if you log in to your RefChatter dashboard (http://refchatter.net/dashboard), you’ll come upon a screen that looks like this:

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D3B15E.E99DEE40]

You can use the blue button with the downloading cloud above to initiate download.  You’ll notice that it’s set by default to a one week range; from what I can tell (I’ve not done a lot with this feature), you can adjust the ranges shown above. That said, I did try checkmarking just one transcript and then selected a transcript download in text (as opposed to an xml file in Excel). It still ended up downloading a .zip file with multiple files…I’m not sure if there is a solution for this.

I hope we can resolve this part of it as I don’t want people to have hundreds of files to sift through.

That said, note that it gives a huge number for an identifier.  Perhaps we could agree to name the file as the last 5 digits of that patron number?

Open to suggestions, all.

Elizabeth Walker
Librarian, Online and Distance Learning
Spring Arbor University
106 E. Main Street
Spring Arbor, MI 49283
o 517.750.6443 | f 517.750.6960
arbor.edu
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 NIV

 [ALAOrgMember]