[Virtual_reference] MLK day covered by ChatStaff

Walaskay, Alice A AAWALASK at oaklandcc.edu
Fri Jan 12 13:19:17 EST 2018

Hi all - I was just asked by a librarian if we needed to cover MLK day and checked again in our contract which says:

The SERVICE will begin with the following coverage schedule, which includes coverage on the eight (8) Federal holidays listed below.  RefStaffing coverage, using the schedule detailed in the table below, will commence on 17 July 2017 unless otherwise agreed by the Parties.  The coverage includes the following federal holidays:

            Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.        Birthday of George Washington
            Memorial Day                                         Independence Day
            Labor Day                                              Columbus Day
            Veteran's Day-                                       Thanksgiving Day

The coverage excludes the following federal holidays:

            New Year's Day                                     Christmas Day

Libraries can certainly still cover their regular hours, but it's good to know ChatStaff has us covered.     Ann

Ann Walaskay, Faculty Librarian
Orchard Ridge Campus King Library
Oakland Community College
248-522-3528