[Virtual_reference] Call for volunteers for VR vendor trials

Walaskay, Alice A AAWALASK at oaklandcc.edu
Thu Sep 22 13:01:30 EDT 2016

Call for volunteers for VR vendor trials
Let's get started!  This is a call for volunteers to test out two vendors for possible selection to replace QuestionPoint software.  We encourage all librarians to do testing of the regular librarians functions and  Managers to test the administrative functions.    We are hoping to have at least one representative per Library to participate in testing.
The groups being formed are:

*        LibH3lp   VR librarian viewpoint - all basic functions, includes follow-up, call transfers; test in all browsers, including Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE(?), mobile browsers

*        LibH3lp   admin viewpoint - account set-up, scheduling, statistical reports

*        RefChatter   VR librarian viewpoint - all basic functions, includes follow-up, call transfers; test in all browsers, including Firefox, Chrome, Edge, IE(?), mobile browsers

*        RefChatter  admin viewpoint - account set-up, scheduling, statistical reports

*        RefTracker - add-on subscription  to RefChatter for tracking and follow-up of questions.
Please contact Sandy McCarthy and Ann Walaskay and let us know which group you would like to join.  You may well want to do both vendors so that you can compare them.   Let us know by Wednesday, Sept. 28th.
Once we have your selections, we can send you information about getting into the trials.   You will also have access to a Google doc page where you can post your impressions.   We have identified some key questions for checking.
Timeline:  Begin testing right away and complete testing by Friday, Oct. 28th.   Soon after there will be a collaborative Go to Meeting webinar where the testers can present their findings.
FYI - Springshare has been eliminated since they do not yet offer an after-hours back-up service.
Sandy McCarthy and Ann Walaskay