[Virtual_reference] FW: Questions from international library school students

McCarthy, Sandy mccarthy at wccnet.edu
Mon Sep 19 15:31:48 EDT 2016

FYI

Sandy

Faculty Librarian
GM 130
Washtenaw Community College
4800 E. Huron River Dr

-----Original Message-----
From: QP-247CoopSupers [mailto:QP-247COOPSUPER-L at oclc.org] On Behalf Of Nancy Skipper
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 3:07 PM
To: QP-247COOPSUPER-L at oclc.org
Subject: Questions from international library school students

Hello,
Cornell has been receiving questions from library school students in Indonesia. If you can provide helpful information in response, please do so if it only takes a few minutes. Although we want to be supportive of library schools and future members of our profession, our policy is to limit the amount of time spent with non-Cornell patrons unless they need assistance with materials held uniquely at Cornell. Some of the patrons disconnect as soon as we respond, so our sense is that they are simply "testing" the service to see how it works. So be sure to be friendly but don't feel compelled to spend a lot of time on our behalf.

Thanks!  Nancy Skipper (digital reference services coordinator)

Sent from my iPad