[Virtual_reference] FW: big snowstorm on the east coast, plus a quality tip

McCarthy, Sandy mccarthy at wccnet.edu
Mon Mar 3 09:39:04 EST 2014

FYI

For 24/7 Coop today.

sandy

Got a question?    Research Help Now<http://www.researchhelpnow.org/> !

From: QP-247CoopSupers [mailto:QP-247COOPSUPER-L at OCLC.ORG] On Behalf Of McGlamery,Susan
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2014 9:26 AM
To: QP-247COOPSUPER-L at OCLC.ORG
Subject: big snowstorm on the east coast, plus a quality tip

Dear Coop librarians

You may already be aware that there is a massive snowstorm hitting the US East Coast.  I've heard from Maryland that libraries are closed, and this could affect others too.  So, if any of you have spare capacity, please help out by staffing the chat queues - your help will be appreciated!

And, to sort of tie in with the weather, I've posted a Quality tip based on a blog posting by Stephen Francoeur of Baruch, on the topic of how your chat transcripts can act as an Early Warning System for issues at your library.  You can read the Quality tip here (which also links to Stephen's original blog post):
http://questionpoint.blogs.com/questionpoint_247_referen/2014/03/quality-tip-chat-sessions-as-early-warning-systems.html

Thanks in advance to all who can put in a bit of extra staffing today!

Regards,
Susan

Susan McGlamery
QuestionPoint product manager