[Virtual_reference] Research Help Now Anniversary

McCarthy, Sandy mccarthy at wccnet.edu
Wed Feb 5 15:48:43 EST 2014

Hello Virtual Reference librarians,

This week marks the 10th Anniversary of the Research Help Now.  Ten years ago we began implementing virtual reference through a FIPSE Grant from the Michigan Community College Association.

I want to thank all the community colleges and universities who are participating in the service and to all the librarians who devote their time to answering virtual reference questions.

Thank you also to the librarians who have volunteered their time to RHN committee work:

Sara Memmott

Ann Walaskay

Christine Tobias

Jim Ratliff

Kate Pittsley

Jane Lewandoski

Stephanie Davis

Mary Beeker

Heidi Schroeder

Rachel Minkin

Marty Stilwell -- Founder of Research Help Now

 As a special  year, Eastern Michigan University will be hosting the annual meeting on April 25, 2014.   This year's program will include librarians outside of RHN presenting about virtual reference.  More information at

  http://guides.emich.edu/vrday

Cheers,

Sandy                                         [https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCSRhlrZREn8ohG65BCZ69R6Ex-lzVqeS53bjEHKHV7aSyKCRa]

Sandy McCarthy