[Virtual_reference] spanish lang VR questions

Walaskay, Alice A AAWALASK at oaklandcc.edu
Wed May 15 13:58:38 EDT 2013

Hi all!  We are seeing some Spanish language questions in our queue.
How to handle?

Christine sent info about how to transfer to the Spanish language queue:

Here's the information from the QuestionPoint blog about transferring to
the Spanish queue in QuestionPoint:
http://questionpoint.blogs.com/questionpoint_247_referen/2009/06/quality
-tip-no-habla-espaol-transfer-to-the-spanish-queue.html . Note that this
queue is available only when a Spanish-speaking librarian is logged into
the service. To see days/times when the Spanish queue is available,
refer to the schedule:
http://www.247ref.org/spanishschedule/libschedule.cfm . Note that the
times listed are Pacific Time (3 hours earlier than Michigan).

If the Spanish queue is not available, then I would try to use an
institution script.  Univ of Montemorelos has a script that will come up
when one of their patrons sends a question.

Also, there are helpful phrases in Spanish from the QP Coop Best
Practices pages that you may use.  See
http://wiki.questionpoint.org/w/page/13839509/Spanish-Language%20Scripts

If you have questions, contact Susan McGlamery at mcglames at oclc.org. Or
if you prefer to contact Wren, her email address is wren247 at gmail.com.