[Virtual_reference] Collaborative Vision and Values

McCarthy, Sandy mccarthy at wccnet.edu
Thu Sep 13 14:12:20 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

I hope your semester is off to a good start.

I want to bring to your attention the Research Help Now - Michigan Virtual Reference Service Collaborative Vision statement and Values.

Vision Statement:
Research Help Now will be a growing, indispensable service that enhances the ability of our collaborative libraries to exceed students' academic research needs by providing the best instructive user experience possible

Values:
Service to students
Quality of service

As you remember from the April Annual Meeting, I shared with you the results from the Survey Monkey from January-February that all of you responded to. This was part of our strategic planning process.  Following our Annual Meeting, a second Survey Monkey was sent via our listserv to vote on two proposed Vision statements and a list of Values.   The Vision statement above received more positive feedback.   As for the Values, you had selected what you value most as a collaborative.  Our sub-committee selected the two values that received the most votes.

The Vision statement and the Values have been added to our www.researchhlepnow.org<http://www.researchhlepnow.org> website.

Thank you,
Sandy McCarthy, Sharon Ladenson (MSU), and Jim Ratliff (Kalamazoo Valley CC)
Vision and Values Sub-committee

Got a question?    Research Help Now<http://www.researchhelpnow.org/> !