[Virtual_reference] FW: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] Persistent "joke" patron

McCarthy, Sandy mccarthy at wccnet.edu
Thu Nov 29 13:19:43 EST 2012

FYI -- Sandy

Sandy McCarthy

Got a question?    Research Help Now !

-----Original Message-----
From: For discussion of the QuestionPoint service [mailto:QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLC.ORG] On Behalf Of Steve Clancy
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2012 12:54 PM
To: QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLC.ORG
Subject: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] Persistent "joke" patron

Howdy.

This morning during my shift, there was a patron coming in from various locations in WA such as University of Puget Sound (WA) and Green River Community College (WA). There were several others that I wasn't able to pick up.  The calls that I got came in as anonymous or patron name "arsh."  The "questions" were either "ddd" or "sex."

Just wanted to alert every one.

--steve

--
--

                    Steve Clancy, MLS
    Research Librarian for Health Sciences and Nursing Science

This listserv is set up to reply directly to the sender of this message.
To reply to the entire list, enter 'questionpoint-l at oclc.org' (without the
quotes) in the TO: field of your e-mail program.
Please do not use this list to ask support questions or report service-related issues.

QUESTIONPOINT-L is a peer-to-peer community discussion group that you may use to exchange ideas, information, knowledge, and expertise about QuestionPoint.

Additionally, QuestionPoint System alerts are posted to this listserv at the same time they are posted on the system alerts page located at http://www.oclc.org/support/systemalerts/default.asp.

For support, use the SUPPORT link located on most QP screens, or email support at oclc.org; or you may call support between 7AM - 9PM EST at 1-800-848-5800 (USA) or +1-614-793-8682. If you are reporting a performance issue please include the date, time and your time zone.