[Virtual_reference] FW: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] Invitation to a free webinar: Keeping the Virtual Lights on 24/7: MARCH 6

McCarthy, Sandy mccarthy at wccnet.edu
Mon Feb 27 15:24:50 EST 2012

FYI
Sandy

Got a question?    Research Help Now !

-----Original Message-----
From: For discussion of the QuestionPoint service [mailto:QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLC.ORG] On Behalf Of McGlamery,Susan
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 2:39 PM
To: QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLC.ORG
Subject: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] Invitation to a free webinar: Keeping the Virtual Lights on 24/7: MARCH 6

Dear QP colleagues,

Public, academic and special libraries alike are struggling with cuts to their hours and staff, making it more difficult to be in front of your patrons when they need you. Libraries all over are trying to figure out how to position themselves as a valuable resource when they can't keep the lights on as long as they used to.

In this session,  we will focus on how being part of a cooperative group can help you to keep your library open virtually at all hours and reach patrons whenever they might be working, even if it's not from 9-5.
We'll explore the challenges and benefits to providing chat reference through a cooperative. Most libraries already belong to some group or consortia and expanding the ways we work together are important in this challenging economy. As with any joint venture, it helps to know what worked and what didn't work for others before jumping in. And, if you're already working as a group, there's always room for improvement!

Susan McGlamery, manager of OCLC's 24/7 Reference Cooperative, will lead the conversation along with Rosa Caballero-Li, Manager, AskNYPL at New York Public Library, Cynthia Johnson, Head of Reference and Acting Head of the Grunigen Medical Library, University of California, Irvine, and Lynn Jones, Reference and Instruction Librarian, Moffitt Library, University of California, Berkeley. We look forward to hearing from you, too!

This free webinar is open to all.

Best Practices in Virtual Reference: Keeping the Virtual Lights on 24/7 March 6, 2012 1:00pm - 2:00pm Eastern Time To register: http://bit.ly/xEKsM0

This webinar is part of OCLC's Best Practices for Virtual Reference series. For information about other webinars in this series, see:
http://www.oclc.org/questionpoint/overview/newsessions.htm

Hope to see you there!
Susan

Susan McGlamery
QuestionPoint senior product manager
OCLC
mcglames at oclc.org

This listserv is set up to reply directly to the sender of this message.
To reply to the entire list, enter 'questionpoint-l at oclc.org' (without the
quotes) in the TO: field of your e-mail program.
Please do not use this list to ask support questions or report service-related issues.

QUESTIONPOINT-L is a peer-to-peer community discussion group that you may use to exchange ideas, information, knowledge, and expertise about QuestionPoint.

Additionally, QuestionPoint System alerts are posted to this listserv at the same time they are posted on the system alerts page located at http://www.oclc.org/support/systemalerts/default.asp.

For support, use the SUPPORT link located on most QP screens, or email support at oclc.org; or you may call support between 7AM ? 9PM EST at 1-800-848-5800 (USA) or +1-614-793-8682. If you are reporting a performance issue please include the date, time and your time zone.