[Virtual_reference] FW: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] Repeat patron/s from different locations, same question: what are some ways to keep a person from screaming?

Walaskay, Alice A AAWALASK at oaklandcc.edu
Wed Apr 25 10:09:17 EDT 2012

FYI - One last comment...   --Ann

From: For discussion of the QuestionPoint service
[mailto:QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLC.ORG] On Behalf Of McGlamery,Susan
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 9:44 AM
To: QUESTIONPOINT-L at OCLC.ORG
Subject: Re: [QUESTIONPOINT-L] Repeat patron/s from different locations,
same question: what are some ways to keep a person from screaming?

Dear 24/7 Coop librarians

Periodically, the chat service gets hit with repeat questions , and we
do have a policy to deal with this.  See our Persistent Repeat Patron
Policy for guidance:

http://wiki.questionpoint.org/w/page/13839422/247-Policies#454Persistent
repeatpatrons

Cathay Crosby of Delaware posted a great suggested script:

"I'm sorry, but this is something that numerous librarians have helped
you with repeatedly over the last few months. There really isn't
anything else we can send you - please contact your local library for
help with this"

Thanks to all who reported this, and if you have questions about the
policy please let me know!

Regards,

Susan

Susan McGlamery