[Virtual_reference] possible prank patron

Rhonda E. Fowler rfowler at emich.edu
Thu Apr 12 13:05:37 EDT 2012

I also had this patron earlier.

Rhonda

Rhonda E. Fowler
Government Documents Librarian
Eastern Michigan University
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734-487-0020, x2128
rfowler at emich.edu

----- Original Message -----

From: "Kelli Herm" <hermk at lcc.edu>
To: "Virtual reference (Virtual_reference at mail.mlcnet.org)" <virtual_reference at mail.mlcnet.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2012 12:57:36 PM
Subject: [Virtual_reference] possible prank patron

Hello-

I’m not sure if this is any relation to the “pinching cheeks” patron but my colleague Suzanne and I just took 2 questions (both from different patrons) from the University of Hawaii asking for information on “how to keep someone from screaming”. The patron said it is for an English writing class and he/she is writing a story about a detective who gets kidnapped by kidnappers. The patron’s email address did not look real to me, and I did ask the patron if this was a legitimate research question and he/she said that it was. I didn’t get much response from the patron the entire time besides “ok”, and finally referred him/her to their own library. I probably spent more time on this question than I should have. Hard to say if this is a real question, but just a “heads up” in case this person returns…

Kelli