[Virtual_reference] possible prank patron

Kelli Herm hermk at lcc.edu
Thu Apr 12 12:57:36 EDT 2012

Hello-

I'm not sure if this is any relation to the "pinching cheeks" patron but my colleague Suzanne and I just took 2 questions (both from different patrons) from the University of Hawaii asking for information on "how to keep someone from screaming". The patron said it is for an English writing class and he/she is writing a story about a detective who gets kidnapped by kidnappers. The patron's email address did not look real to me, and I did ask the patron if this was a legitimate research question and he/she said that it was. I didn't get much response from the patron the entire time besides "ok", and finally referred him/her to their own library. I probably spent more time on this question than I should have.  Hard to say if this is a real question, but just a "heads up" in case this person returns.

Kelli