[Virtual_reference] Virtual Reference Training Materials

Kickham-Samy, Mary kickham-samym at macomb.edu
Mon Sep 13 12:55:34 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to a suggestion from Kassie Dunham (Kellogg CC ), I pulled together some training materials and revised some documents that I hope will be helpful to those of you who would like some review materials or those of you who are new to the Michigan Virtual Reference Collaborative.

Here is the list of attachments:
1. Steps to answering virtual reference questions using QP, September 2009, Revised September 2010 .
2. Highlights of the Questions Point Training, September 2009, Revised September, 2010
3. Sandy McCarthy's Qwidget Training PowerPoint.

In addition to these three documents, I suggest that you go to:
1.  The Newsletters on the Intranet. Each Newsletter should have at least one flow chart or ready reference sheet. Some have more training information than others.
2. Go over the Manual of Policies and Procedures, especially the "Best Practices" pages, which are on pp 30 - 33. I recommend that everyone read the whole Manual, or at least scan through it.
3. Finally, I would suggest that you use the QP Training Tutorials on the My QuestionPoint page. You can find some links to resources on the right hand side of the page.

I will continue to work on finding materials for you, but maybe this is a start. Let me know if you have questions, and  if these documents are helpful.

Thank you,

Mary
Mary Kickham-Samy
Librarian, South Campus