[Virtual_reference] picking up calls

Walaskay, Alice A AAWALASK at oaklandcc.edu
Wed Nov 3 10:02:19 EDT 2010

Hi again VRers - To update you on the status of our qwidget roll-up
answering percentage, while the previous week saw an improvement in the
number of calls picked up, this past week dipped back down to 63%
answering percentage.   We are aware that sometimes our librarians are
logged on but not picking up calls.  Perhaps this is a case of
multi-tasking and then missing a call when it comes in.   If you find
this happening, you could try reducing the size of the screen for other
applications you are in and leaving the queue monitor in view so that
when a call comes in, you can quickly pick it up.   Every call we accept
helps us with our qwidget answering percentage. As our students use our
service more (a good thing!), it means we need to pick up more questions
to keep the percentage up.   Thanks again for your efforts!   -- Ann W.