[Michlib-l] Mason County District Library is hiring - Adult Services Assistant

Robin Seymour (Mason County District Library) rseymour at mcdlibrary.org
Wed Mar 20 14:32:20 EDT 2024

As part of a reorganization and strategic planning process, Mason County
District Library is seeking applications for the new position of Adult
Services Assistant.

Salary Range of $19.40-$22.40 per hour based on experience for this part
time, non-exempt position scheduled for 24-30 hours weekly.  Benefits
include paid holidays, sick leave, vacation, and enrollment in the Michigan
Retirement System after 6 months

Under the direction of the Head of Adult Services, this position helps to
coordinate the Adult Services of the Mason County District Library,
including maintaining a high level of service to the public.

*Position requirements:*

   - Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
   - Library of Michigan Certification Level 4, or ability to acquire
   within 12 months
   - Library experience preferred
   - Working knowledge of, or interest in, library science theory and
   principles, and the organization of information
   - Excellent communication skills
   - Basic computer skills
   - Basic graphic design experience using Microsoft Publisher, Canva, or
   similar, software is preferred
   - Basic knowledge of audio/visual equipment and video editing software
   is preferred

For more details, view the full job description available on our website (
https://www.masoncounty.lib.mi.us/adult-assistant-job-posting/).
Application packets must be submitted via email.  Packets MUST contain a
completed application form, in addition to a cover letter and resume.  Find
the application form at (
https://www.masoncounty.lib.mi.us/about/employment-app/). Incomplete
application packets will not be considered.

**Application period closes April 5, 2024 at 5:00 pm.**

The Mason County District Library serves a rural population of 28,000.  The
Library has two branches, in Ludington & Scottville, to serve the residents
of Mason County.  From our Strategic Planning process, we are ready to
achieve our Vision for the next five years.  Mason County is located on the
Lake Michigan shoreline, with a range of outdoor and cultural amenities,
and is located within easy driving distance of Muskegon, Grand Rapids, and
Traverse City.

For more information, please contact the Library.  Thanks!

Robin Seymour, Head of Adult Services
Mason County District Library
217 E Ludington Ave
Ludington, MI 49431