[Michlib-l] Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros edition worth $250 - $300

Paul McCann pmccann at dexter.lib.mi.us
Thu Jan 11 13:08:10 EST 2024

Hi Beverly,

I agree with John's mention that the library markings decrease the value. The Library would not get that much through reputable book dealers if you decided to pull/sell/replace it. An unkowing soul might buy inappropriately priced item during this frenzy. Unfortunately, people interested in stealing/not returning/reselling are probably more enticed by the headlines of how much a first edition is worth and don't know much about book valuation...they just want to flip it on ebay, so it could disappear. We have come across this a few times over the years. I generally let the chips fall where they will and keep these in circulation and replace them if they disappear. If circ to cost gets down to around $1 per borrow or lower, I'd say it's a wash if its lost.

Hope that helps a little,
Paul