[Michlib-l] One Seed, One State Registration is open!

Pam Quackenbush pquackenbush at ltpl.org
Thu Jan 4 16:42:07 EST 2024

Hello! The MI Seed Library Network is happy to announce that registration
is now open for the 2024 One Seed, One State initiative. Our selection this
year is 'Mammoth Long Island' dill. Our first herb selection, dill is an
easy to grow garden plant that has a high success rate for beginning seed
savers. Hopefully that will mean more returns to your seed library! Did you
know that Michigan grows more pickling cucumbers than any other state? Dill
is an important ingredient that is required by the many processing
facilities in our state.

Seeds will be shipped beginning late January, and being a crew of one I can
only ship a limited number of kits per week. You will have them in plenty
of time to publicize the program before planting time begins in May. Some
of the materials are still being prepared, but the color poster is ready
now and can be viewed at https://miseedlibrary.org/?page_id=389

Each library will receive enough dill seeds for 60 packets. It is totally
up to each library how many packets you want to distribute. Fewer packets =
larger portions. Digital files for the poster, brochure, seed packet
labels, and instructions will be emailed to all registrants when the seeds
are shipped and will be available on the MSLN webpage within the next few
weeks. Each library is required to provide their own seed packets.

Individual seed libraries please register using this form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd6nPiqOdkSVgBZVQaO6j7JA8c-ta6_XHxRF2qsV6Wmvl2BaQ/viewform?usp=sf_link

Some library systems prefer to receive and handle OSOS materials for their
branch seed libraries at a central location. You receive enough seeds so
each branch has enough for 60 packets. If this works for you, please have
one designated person apply for all the branches using the following
registration form:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfbKCj7Jbj-MwYWD_aZd2NWhBtyG7cluYw6wsg3K_Npzl0egw/viewform?usp=sf_link

If you have multiple branches but you want each branch to handle their own
One Seed, One State materials, have each branch register as an individual
seed library.

Please note! The Central Michigan Seed Swap in Midland will be held on
February 24. It is a great way to learn about seeds and find some goodies
for your seed library! For more information visit
www.centralmichiganseedswap.com

As always, please direct your questions to info at miseedlibrarynetwork.org.
There is also a comment section at the end of the registration form if
there is anything additional you feel we should know.

Our apologies for cross posting as we roll out this information to various
listservs and mailing lists in an effort to reach all interested parties.

Thank you for your interest in the MI Seed Library Network's One Seed, One
State!

Pam Quackenbush
MI Seed Library Network
Lyon Township Public Library (LTPL Grows!)

--
Pam Quackenbush
Lyon Township Public Library
pquackenbush at ltpl.org