[Michlib-l] Seeking Beacon Hotspot information, how well they work

bvdlibrary at acegroup.cc bvdlibrary at acegroup.cc
Thu Jan 4 12:40:43 EST 2024

Happy New Year Everyone!

We were hoping to gather some information about the Beacon Hotspots
available for purchase through TechSoup. We currently have four Kajeet
Hotspots and the funding will end for their covered cost at the end of
January. We were informed about the Beacon Hotspots through TechSoup. My
Board wanted me to ask other libraries who have had them and ask what you
would rate the service the Beacon's provide.

One of our Board members saw a few bad reviews about the Beacon models and
suggested that we find out first-hand accounts of their usage from other
libraries that have them. Thank you all for your consideration! Any input
would be very helpful!

Sincerely,

Michelle Guerra, Librarian

Betsie Valley District Library