[Michlib-l] Twp. Library Payroll Question

Vicki Shurly vshurly at tadl.org
Mon Apr 15 15:26:41 EDT 2024

We are Class 2 and do our own payroll via Quickbooks.  The township did it
decades ago but they became more resistant to continuing.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 10:47 AM Director via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
wrote:

> Good morning everyone,
>
> Over the weekend, the Township Board for our library (PA 164) requested
> that they start charging our library to do payroll for our employees. I
> understand that this is a legal request. However, this has brought up some
> questions and I would really appreciate the perspective of others in this
> kind of situation.
>
> Do you pay your Township to do your payroll as a Township library? How did
> you determine a reasonable amount to pay for this service? What class size
> is your library? Did you choose to pay the Township, switch to a separate
> contracted company, or hire an employee to handle your payroll?
>
> Thank you so much! As always, I am happy to compile answers and share
>
> Kelsey Rutkowski
> *--------------------------------------*
> *Library Director*
> *Indian River Area Library*
> 3546 S Straits Hwy
> PO Box 160
> Indian River, MI 49749
> (231) 238-8581
> indianriverlibrary.org

Victoria M. Shurly, Director
Peninsula Community Library
2893 Island View Road
Traverse City, MI 49686
231.223.7700
vshurly at tadl.org

*"It is good to have an end to journey, but it is the journey that matters
in the end."  Ursula Le Guin*