[Michlib-l] Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Kits now available for reservation

Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) LancasterC5 at michigan.gov
Tue May 16 14:14:27 EDT 2023

The Library of Michigan, Braille and Talking Book Library, and MDE-Low Incidence Outreach have once again collaborated to bring Braille Enhanced StoryWalks® to library communities across Michigan. We are happy to announce that we now have Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Kits<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/libraries/youth/braille-enhanced-storywalk> available for public libraries to reserve for 6 weeks across Michigan:

  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Kit 1 - Ninja Red Riding Hood by Corey Rosen Schwartz
  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Kit 2 - Pout-Pout Fish Cleans Up the Ocean by Deborah Diesen
  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Kit 3 - Just Read! by Lori Degman

Libraries reserving the kits are responsible for purchasing garden stakes (such as this set of 25<https://www.amazon.com/Kitzmans-Dixon-Grade-Survey-Stakes/dp/B000CSIHWI/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2HHZX7DEW3GUW&keywords=wooden%2Bgarden%2Bstakes&qid=1653593165&sprefix=wooden%2Caps%2C216&sr=8-15&th=1>) or other preferred hardware to display the Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® on the grounds of your library or community pathways. Attach the Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® with the included velcro strips. If using inside during the winter months, we recommend you test a portion of the velcro if mounting to your library’s walls, as we are not responsible for any marks or damage upon removal of velcro. Use the included brailled picture book and slate stylists for conducting any programming or outreach activities.  Please do not use any additional materials for display that may damage the StoryWalks® as they will be circulating to multiple libraries.
For more information on what to expect, watch the BES Unpacking video: https://youtu.be/iWy5gbJfxTg.

Additional Resources
Libraries are invited to access and use the following resources, found at https://bit.ly/LM_BES22, to support a Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® in their community:

  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Logo
  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Flyer
  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Bookmark
  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® 2.25" Stickers (or for button makers)
  *   Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Social Media Posts with Graphics

Reserve a Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® Kit for your library today, via LM's KitKeeper<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/libraries/kitkeeper>.

The StoryWalk® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. Storywalk® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
The Braille Enhanced StoryWalk® is supported in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services.

Cathy Lancaster
Youth Services Coordinator
Library of Michigan
702 W. Kalamazoo St.