[Michlib-l] SEMLOL Spring Meeting April 14th, 2023

Heidi Keppen Palmer hkeppen at umich.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:54:22 EDT 2023

Greetings,

The Southeastern Michigan League of Libraries, SEMLOL
<http://www.semlol.org/>, is happy to announce our Spring meeting and
professional development session “The Academic Library’s Role in Protecting
Intellectual Freedom”

Our meeting will be held Friday, April 14, 2023, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00
p.m. Please follow this link
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/semlol-spring-member-meeting-tickets-570937598727>
to our Eventbrite page and sign up for this online, no cost, session.

During this program, our presenters (including the Library of Michigan’s
Law Librarian Claire Membeila) will discuss some ways that our work in
academic libraries intersects with issues of intellectual freedom. There
will also be small group sessions where participants can have conversations
around the specific topics of interest to them. Please see the attached
flier for session descriptions and times.

We welcome librarians from all types of libraries, as well as students and
professionals from outside the field to attend so we can share and learn
from each other how to best meet the needs of our library communities.
Please forward this invitation to anyone else you think may be interested
in attending.

We look forward to seeing you again on April 14th!

-- SEMLOL Executive Board

P.S. If you are receiving this as a forward please come to
https://www.freelists.org/list/semlol-l to add yourself to our mailing list
in order to receive updates on our activities or better yet fill out a
membership form at semlol.org to become a member.

[image: The Academic Library's Role in Protecting Intellectual Freedom
(1).png]
SEMLOL Executive Board
Southeastern Michigan League of Libraries
www.semlol.org