[Michlib-l] Outreach Question

Elizabeth Koroleski ekoroleski at badaxelibrary.org
Tue Mar 14 14:33:50 EDT 2023

Hello everyone!
I started working at the Bad Axe Area District Library and I am slowly becoming in charge of our outreach with our Bookmobile (going out once a week with different stops every other week). We currently have stops at a couple preschools, a couple one-room country schools, our senior center, and at the elementary school at dismissal. My director, Briynne McCrea, had thought that possibly stopping at one of our nursing homes would be a good addition to one of our weeks (or maybe just monthly- nothing is set in stone yet). Her thoughts were that we could deliver books/audiobooks to residents and to connect them to other things like interlibrary loans and the Michigan Braille and Talking Library.
My questions for any of you who have done something like this:
-What kind of process did you go through overall? (Briynne has already reached out to the nursing home director so we have the contact, but nothing has been started)
-What kind of form do you use for residents?
-Does it have them asking for genres, specific authors, specific books, etc.?
-What are issues that you have run into?
-How do you go through the selection of items?
Thank you so much for any and all help and insight- it is all greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Koroleski
Library Clerk/Outreach
Bad Axe Area District Library