[Michlib-l] What is the future of your audiobook on CD collection?

Deb Hemmye dhemmye at hwoodslib.org
Wed Jul 12 16:35:07 EDT 2023

What would I like to do with our adult Books on CD collection? I would like to throw it in the trash and do a little happy dance. That said, every time we check the circs, we discover that they are, in fact, still circulating. Just this year we decided to discontinue ordering children's or YA books on CD and no one has said a thing. At the same time we also heavily weeded our adult BoCD collection. Within a week or two, we had an unhappy adult ask why we had gotten rid of all of our books on CD (she was obv not counting the three she was checking several out at that very moment). So apparently the adults in my community still want and use them, but I am counting the days until I can repurpose that space!

Deb Hemmye (she, her, hers)
Library Director
Huntington Woods Public Library
26415 Scotia Road