[Michlib-l] circulating CD player question

Jennifer Perryman jperryman at milanlibrary.org
Thu Feb 23 15:51:55 EST 2023

Hello,

If you circulate CD players, could you share which ones you have and how durable they are?

We started circulating CD players so patrons can continue using our BCD collection now that most computers, vehicles, homes, etc. no longer have CD players. We circulate them in protective cases.  They have been very popular and are always checked out.  However, they have stopped working after just a few circs.

(We DO have newer audiobook formats - Playaways, VOX books, Wonderbooks, ebooks - but would also like to extend the life of our BCD collection while we continue to build the newer collections.)

We're hoping to continue being able to have CD players for check out, but need them to last longer.  We're not sure if they stop working because the device just stops or if it is due to how they are handled.   If you circulate CD players and have any recommendations either for long-lasting devices or protective cases, please let us know.

Here are the two we have now. They work great . . . until they don't.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WLITCTY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08PPCV681/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you for any suggestions!

Thank you,