[Michlib-l] Suggestions for Physics database?

Steven Kish skish at ltu.edu
Wed Aug 23 10:50:03 EDT 2023

Hello Klaudia,

I would recommend arXiv.org (https://arxiv.org/) through Cornell
University. Not always the easiest thing to search on site, but I believe
it is fully indexed by Google so they can always search Google with "site:
arxiv.org" and get results.

More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArXiv

Cheers,

Steven

On Wed, Aug 23, 2023 at 10:03 AM Klaudia Janek via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> I have a student who is looking for a physics database where she can find
> the stellar mass and luminosity for at least 30 stars.
>
> She found some random dudes free website that sort of has the data.  But
> it does not seem like the most academic site.  There has to be a science
> foundation or a university that has this sort of database.  Anyone have any
> insight?  Links?  :)
>
> Thanks-
> Klaudia
>

> *International Academy*
>
> www.iatoday.org

*Steven Kish*

*Reference LibrarianLawrence Technological University Library*

*Email <library at ltu.edu>, call <2482043000>or 24/7 chat with
<https://libguides.ltu.edu/247help> the LTU Library (fastest)*
*Direct email: skish at ltu.edu <skish at ltu.edu> (will reply my next scheduled
shift)*