[Michlib-l] MMDP Meeting October 26 - Submit Your Proposal Today!

Whitledge, Bryan R whitl1br at cmich.edu
Tue Aug 1 15:00:42 EDT 2023

The Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioners (MMDP) will come together for an in-person meeting on Thursday, October 26, 2023, at the Library of Michigan in Lansing.

Submit Your Proposals for the 2023 MMDP Meeting, today!

The MMDP Planning Group invites you to send your proposal for our October meeting. Proposals can be for Presentations (30-60 minutes), "Birds-of-a-Feather" Discussion Topics (approximately 30 minutes), Demonstrations (10 minutes), Lightning Talks (5 minutes), or a Poster. This is a great opportunity to reuse a poster shared at another conference! We welcome proposals from anyone, but are particularly interested in proposals from smaller institutions and students. For Presentations, Demonstrations, and Lightning Talks, we invite presenters to join us in-person or via a pre-recorded video. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate live-streamed presentations.

As always, we welcome proposals for demos, talks, or posters on a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to):

Collaboration

ArchivesSpace

Digital Preservation

Online Access to Cultural Heritage Materials

Digitization

Electronic Records Management

Project Management

Storage Solutions

Cataloging and Metadata (including cross-walks)

Cloud Platforms

Artificial Intelligence

APIs

Personal Digital Archiving

Accessibility, Diversity, and Inclusion

Digital Curation Tools

Digital Humanities

Marketing Strategies

Media Standards, Tools, and Formats

To submit a proposal, please complete the form with your idea: https://tinyurl.com/MMDP2023.

If you have any questions, please send us an e-mail (midmichdp at gmail.com<mailto:midmichdp at gmail.com>).

Proposal Evaluation

The Planning Group will review the proposals and come up with an agenda for the MMDP meeting.

Please submit proposals before Friday, August 4 for the the MMDP Meeting on October 26. Individuals with proposals chosen for inclusion in the Fall MMDP Meeting will be notified by the end of business on Friday, September 22.

As with all MMDP events, registration will be free and lunch will be provided. More details and registration information will be posted at our website, MidMichDP.wordpress.com.

We look forward to seeing you at the Library of Michigan this fall!

--The Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioners Planning Team