[Michlib-l] Job Posting: Community Engagement Librarian, Adult Services, Full-time

Vanessa Verdun-Morris vmorris at ci.taylor.mi.us
Wed Dec 29 17:26:02 EST 2021

Taylor Community Library seeks detail-oriented and enthusiastic candidates
for a Community Engagement Librarian focusing on Adult Services.

The ideal candidate’s job duties and skills will likely include, but not be
limited to, the following:

   -

   Approximately 15-25 hours weekly on the information & technology support
   (a.k.a. reference) desk.
   -

   Ordering and weeding fiction, nonfiction, and movies for adults.

   -

   Planning and facilitating weekly computer classes and monthly book
   discussion.
   -

      Other events as time and capacity permits.
      -

      Event offerings may change based on community needs.

   -

   Conducting outreach with the small business community and people seeking
   employment in our community.
   -

   Current content creation tools for publicity and social media are
   MailChimp and Canva.

   -

   Current content management system is WordPress.
   -

   Current ILS is CARL.X.
   -

   Current schedule includes two evenings per week and biweekly Saturdays.

To learn more about our library, please review our Annual Reports
<https://taylor.lib.mi.us/about/library-board/annual-reports/> and Strategic
Plan <https://taylor.lib.mi.us/about/library-board/strategic-plan/>.

To be considered for this position, candidates must possess or be in school
to obtain a master’s degree in Library or Information Science or comparable
ALA-accredited graduate-level degree.  Preference will be given to those
with demonstrated experience in community outreach, Braille & Talking
Books, education, social work, or related fields.

To apply, you must upload your resume along with a thoughtful cover letter
indicating why you would be a good fit for this role using our standard
application and job description for a Community Engagement Librarian
<https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=95860>.

Starting Salary Range: $40,000 - $42,500 annual

*Vanessa Verdun-Morris (she/her/hers)Director, Taylor Community Library*

[Image: The library's logo composed of the braille letters "TCL" and
"Taylor Community Library" printed below in gradient shades of blue.]