[Michlib-l] Sad News - Judith A. Doublestein, Passed Away

Bryan J. Cloutier bcloutier at miopl.org
Mon May 11 19:37:20 EDT 2020

Dear Colleagues and Friends:

It is with a heavy heart that I share with you that our friend and colleague, Judith A. Doublestein, passed away after a short battle with cancer on Sunday, May 10, 2020.

Director Emerita, Judith A. Doublestein served the Oxford Public Library from 1978 to 2007, when she retired after nearly 30 years of service.  She served as Head Clerk and Assistant Director under Director Emeritus, Renwick Garypie, from 1978 to 1984 and was appointed to later serve as Oxford Public Library's fourth Library Director from 1984 to 2007.

The Library witnessed significant growth and achievement under Ms. Doublestein's leadership, which included OPL's largest Capital Campaign to date-to construct a new state of the art 24,300 sq. ft. facility that was completed in 1996 and OPL has called home ever since.  As a dedicated public servant, Ms. Doublestein's generosity and commitment to serve extended far beyond the walls of the public library to her work with Rotary International where she held the distinguished honor of being named a Paul Harris Fellow by the Rotary Club of Oxford.  She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education and a Master of Library Science Degree, both from Wayne State University in Detroit.  Her legacy remains a significant part of our culture at OPL, where her exemplary commitment to public service influences what we do and who we are at the Oxford Public Library.

Regards,

Bryan J. Cloutier
Director & CEO

Oxford Public Library