[Michlib-l] Notes from MiYouth virtual meeting 3.26.2020

Linda Brewin lbrewin at novilibrary.org
Thu Mar 26 17:21:08 EDT 2020

Thanks Cathy!  It was great to connect and actually SEE some faces!
Great meeting!  Thanks for putting it together!

Linda Brewin

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 4:12 PM Lancaster, Cathy (MDE) via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you so much to all who joined us this morning! We had about 120
> participants and it was wonderful to hear from so many on the call.
>
> A few *take-aways* from the conversation:
>
>    - Communities are craving routines and boredom busters, so post a
>    schedule with content that might engage the whole family.
>    - Think outside-the-box on how to reach out to those in your community
>    that do not have virtual access. (Don’t forget accessibility guidelines)
>    - Teen engagement might be as simple as offering them a virtual chat
>    or game room – lots of concern for teens in this time overall.
>    - Less is more; families are very overwhelmed right now so share
>    challenges and engaging activities that are not necessarily curriculum
>    heavy.
>
> *Links*:
>
> MiYouth Brainstorming from 3.26.20 <https://bit.ly/MiYouth_sharing> -
> This doc also includes a link to today’s Zoom Chatbox for additional
> comments by those on the call.
>
> MiYouth Resources <http://bit.ly/MiYouthVirtual> (updated periodically by
> Cathy)
>

> *We will continue to meet weekly at 10:00 AM ET on Wednesdays for the next
> few weeks*. To join us on April 1st and the following weeks use the login
> info below:
>
> Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android:
> https://michigan-host.zoom.us/j/506813991
>
> Or Telephone:
>
>     Dial:
>
>     USA 215 446 3657
>
>     USA 8883634735 (US Toll Free)
>
>     Conference code: 519921
>
> Find local AT&T Numbers:
> https://www.teleconference.att.com/servlet/glbAccess?process=1&accessNumber=2154463657&accessCode=519921
>

> Stay well,
>

> *Cathy Lancaster*
>
> Youth Services Coordinator
>
> Library of Michigan
> 702 W. Kalamazoo St.
> Lansing, MI 48915
>
> LancasterC5 at michigan.gov *|* 517-335-8129 *|* www.mi.gov/libraryofmichigan
>
> Follow us: Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/libraryofmichigan/> *|*
> Twitter <https://twitter.com/libraryofmich>* |* Instagram
> <https://www.instagram.com/libraryofmichigan/>

*Linda Brewin* | Information Services Librarian

Novi Public Library |45255 West Ten Mile Road | Novi, MI  48375

Phone 248-349-0720 ext. 7285 <(248)%20869-72263>

www.novilibrary.org

*Inform. Inspire. Include.*

*City of Novi Celebrating 50 Years of Excellence 1969-2019*