[Michlib-l] 2020 Census and my library

OC Lavonne Marshall coolm at llcoop.org
Mon Oct 28 11:08:39 EDT 2019

Hi Kathy,

My library is currently categorized as a class III library. I think the results of the 2020 census will add enough people to put my library into a a class IV status.

I am certified at a level III. My question to you is when will the 2020 census numbers go into effect? FYI, my library's FY year runs June - July.

Will I need to obtain an MLS degree to remain library director here to qualify for state aid?

I have a MLS library assistant working here but she is not the director. Would that make my library compliant? Or, does the director have to have a level 2 certification?

Thanks.

--
LaVonne Marshall
Director