[Michlib-l] Presenter Recommendation: Naturalist Andrew Nowicki

Brandi Tambasco tambasco at howelllibrary.org
Thu Mar 28 13:33:22 EDT 2019

Earlier this month, the Howell Carnegie District Library had Andrew
Nowicki, a naturalist based in Fowlerville, present on Michigan Wildlife.

Mr. Nowicki is passionate and enthusiastic about learning and teaching
about living things. He has worked at the Howell Nature Center and is a
recent graduate of zoology from MSU. Back in September 2018, he presented
his first program with us on African Wildlife and Conservation based on his
travels on the continent through MSU.

At our program this month, Andrew shared pictures and sounds of common
Michigan fauna as well as great information on habitats and animal
spotting. He also brought with props including a daytime telescope he uses
for animal watching.

We had a good attendance for both of his events, with plenty of audience
interaction, whether it was questions or sharing stories. The feedback from
the audience both verbally and on our written event evaluations rated his
programs excellent and included requests to have him return for future
library programs.

Mr. Nowicki is just starting out on his career as a nature educator and
it's already a promising one, not just from our Library staff's
perspective, but also based on audience feedback.

Andrew is personable and knowledgeable; his presenter fee was very
reasonable; and he has been a pleasure to work with. He's on our list of
go-to presenters.

If you are interested in having Mr. Nowicki present at your library, he can
be reached at nowicki418 at gmail.com (his website is currently being
developed).

Have a lovely day,
Brandi