[Michlib-l] Library space rental question

John Clexton jclexton at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 16:22:42 EDT 2019

We do charge $10.00 for profit groups and free for nonprofit groups. We
have a Smart TV as a projector and we do not charge extra for those
services.  We usually have increased requests because of the extra tools
that we provide. We do have staff make sure set up is complete and
equipment is up and running.
 However, the most problem we ever run into is everyone's laptop is
different so as long as there are reminders that people renting should come
in early to test equipment before the program is really what is needed.
Also, having a staff member as a key point that is knowledgeable in that
area as a bonus.
 John Clexton
Director
Gladwin County District Library
402 James Robertson Drive
Gladwin, MI 48624

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 4:03 PM Kat Boyer via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> We, like many libraries, have a space that can be rented for outside use.
> Right now the rental agreement allows for the space, use of tables and
> chairs, podium, and use of the kitchen that is attached to the space.  We
> have had people ask about using our projector, but as of now have not
> allowed that.
> I'm thinking of reworking our room rental policy to include use of things
> like microphones or the projector, and I wanted to get feedback from other
> libraries.  If you allow for us of these items, do you charge?  If so, how
> much do you charge and how do you make sure items are in working condition
> both before and after?
>
> Kat Boyer
> Director
> Benton Harbor Public Library