[Michlib-l] Jehovah's Witnesses and Free Speech Zone

Dave Ewick dewick at southfieldlibrary.org
Wed Jun 19 10:58:27 EDT 2019

They are pretty much correct. We have had them out front daily for over
a year. We are covered by City guidelines which say that any solicitor
must keep 25’ from the library entry, not impede patrons’ ability to
enter the library, and not harass patrons.
    This is the same thing that petition takers must follow.   We get
complaints a lot but there is little we can do.
Dave Ewick
Southfield

Dave Ewick

> On Jun 19, 2019, at 10:29 AM, kay via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org>
wrote:

> Has anyone had JWs come and ask if they could put a cart of literature
on library grounds? The two very nice people who spoke to me this
morning told me I HAD to allow it  because all Federal Buildings are
Free Speech Zones.