[Michlib-l] Exterior Book Drops

ConnieJo Ozinga cjozinga at commercelibrary.info
Wed Jan 23 11:13:05 EST 2019

If you are building you can make the book drop receiving space a fire safe
room with a fire door. That was a requirement for outside book drops when I
built in Indiana.  My current outside book drop has sprinklers in the
ceiling over the area.a  Good luck, Connie

On Wed, Jan 23, 2019 at 11:05 AM Tracy Logan via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello Wonderful People,
>
> In this picture you will note, ye olde book drop. It is accessible to the
> public by an exterior slot and the metal lid can be closed at night. This
> means we can keep our book drop open at all times and we never have to
> worry about whatever pesky things someone might drop into it after hours. I
> would like to install something similar in our new branch library but I'm
> having a hard time finding a vendor that makes a lidded book drop like this
> one. Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you! You are all lovely!
>
> [image: Book Drop.jpg]
> --
> Tracy Logan
> Library Director
> Cadillac Wexford Public Library
> 411 S. Lake Street
> Cadillac, MI 49601
> 231-775-6541
> logant at cadillaclibrary.org

Connie Jo Ozinga
Library Director
Commerce Township Community Library
180 E. Commerce
Commerce, MI 48390
(248) 669-8108 x101
www.commercelibrary.info

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing *  Playing

--
The information contained in this electronic message is intended only for
the use of the designated recipient(s). If the reader of this message is